As part of Audio Mostly 2017 we welcome the submission of original music works. Accepted submissions will either be performed at a dedicated concert during the conference or exhibited as an installation, depending on the nature of the submitted work.
List of Topics (Music)
- Work related to the conference theme of “augmented and participatory sound and music experiences”
- Multi-modal audience experience
- Performance involving interactive audience participation
- Creative use of distributed audience devices (i.e. smartphones)
- Dynamic music composition or performance
- Algorithmic composition
- Novel application of MIR and signal processing techniques for music composition and performance
- Augmented instrumentation and performance tools
- Novel use of existing and repurposed material
We welcome works in any style or genre, with a maximum length of 20 minutes (shorter works are also welcome). Front of house PA, microphones, stage monitoring, projector and screen will be provided as standard but any further specific equipment requirements should be outlined in the supporting document. Where possible and within reason we will endeavour to meet performer requirements, however extraordinary equipment requirements will need to be discussed with the music chair following acceptance. Please contact the music chair (see contact details below) if you have any questions regarding this.
We particularly encourage submissions of technical papers related to music works. Please state if the work is related to a submission to the technical program.
For more information or questions, please contact the music chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org