3rd International Workshop on the Internet of Sounds
Call for papers and demos
We are pleased to invite the community to submit to the 3rd International Workshop on the Internet of Sounds (IWIS 2022). The Internet of Sounds is an emerging research field positioned at the intersection of the Internet of Things and Sound and Music Computing domains. The workshop will be hosted at the Institute of Creative Media Technology of the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences and will take place on the 7th of September 2022.
The aim of the workshop is to bring together academics and industry to investigate and advance the development of Internet of Sounds technologies by using cutting-edge tools and processes. The event will consist of presentations from academics and keynotes, poster presentations, demonstrations, as well as tutorials.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Networked music performances
- Web Audio for the Internet of Sounds
- Networked Musical XR
- Wireless acoustic sensor networks
- Detection and classification of sounds in acoustic sensor networks
- Visualization and Sonification of acoustic sensor networks
- Privacy and security in acoustic sensor networks
- Smart Musical Instruments
- Musical haptics for the Internet of Musical Things
- Participatory live music performances
- Music education applications for the Internet of Musical Things
- Intelligent music production in Internet of Musical Things contexts
- Embedded Audio
- Ubiquitous music
- Spatial audio for the Internet of Sounds
- Sonification for Internet of Sounds applications
- Protocols and exchange formats for the Internet of Sounds
- Improving accessibility and inclusiveness within the Internet of Sounds
- Open audio databases for Deep Learning and Data Mining
- Challenges in the management and delivery of large audio databases
- Visualization, access and indexing of audio databases
- Cloud-based services for musical and audio applications
- Semantic Audio applications for the Internet of Sounds
- Sustainability aspects of the Internet of Sounds
We consider contributions in the form of a full paper (min 5 pages, max 8 pages), a poster paper (4 pages), or a demo proposal (max 2 pages). Authors are welcome to submit to all three tracks. We encourage the submission of work in progress as well as more mature work.
The event is being run alongside the Audio Mostly Conference (https://audiomostly.com/) an interdisciplinary conference also hosted at the Institute of Creative Media Technology of the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences between 6 and 9 of September 2022. The participants to the workshop will have access to all the sessions of the Audio Mostly conference.
The paper templates are available at https://audiomostly.com/2022/call/instructions/
- Papers and demos submission deadline: April 15, 2022
- Author notification: June 15, 2022
- Camera ready due: July 15, 2022
- Registration deadline: August 4, 2022
- Workshop date: September 7, 2022
All accepted full papers and poster papers will appear in the proceedings of the Audio Mostly Conference. It is planned that they will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
The Organizing Committee will select the winners for the Best Paper, Best Student Paper and Best Demo awards. To be eligible for the best student paper award, the presenting and first author of the paper must be a full-time student.
- Luca Turchet (University of Trento)
- Jan Østergaard (Aalborg University)
- Nils Peters (University of Erlangen-Nuremberg)
- Cristina Rottondi (Polytechnic University of Turin)
- Frederic Font (Pompeu Fabra University)