In this year's Audio Mostly, we encourage proposals for hands-on/interactive workshops.
Hands-on/interactive workshops promote a structured communal activity to help build community participation and interaction amongst delegates. Hands-on/interactive workshops should enable communal knowledge exchange through group-based activities (e.g. doing, making, hacking, sharing). This type of workshop should not take the shape of oral sessions where authors present papers. Short presentations or tutorials from organizers, invited speakers and participants can be included but should lead to a communal activity or reflections. For instance, hack sessions could be preceded by presentations of e.g. physical computing tools, Application Programming Interfaces or demos. We encourage to share the outcome of the activity amongst workshop participants.
Workshop organizers should facilitate discussion, help maintain productive interaction, and encourage participation. A diversity of perspectives should be encouraged.
We accept proposals of workshops that last from 2 to 4 hours . Workshops are not published, but a description is put on the conference website.
Workshop proposals must take the form of a paper submission of up to 6 pages in length (see call for papers), including the following information:
- Workshop title and organizers' contact details
- A clear presentation of the workshop structure in a physical/on-site format, including the activities, timing, and resources
- An alternative solution in case Audio Mostly needs to change to an online format again.
- Technical setup and space requirements
- Desired duration (2-4 hours)
- Desired number of participants (a range is fine)
- A draft of a Call for Participation to be posted on the Audio Mostly website to recruit participants for the workshop upon acceptance
- Contact details of the workshop organizers who should be experts in the related fields
- Any other information that will help us organize the workshop.
Submit HERE: EasyChair will be online soon.
Demo & Workshop Chair
Kajetan Enge - firstname.lastname@example.org